Monday, June 28, 2010

SYTYCD Season 7, week 1, results

Ok, fine, I cheated. I just went on wikipedia too look who left and then checked youtube for the solos and send off.
I heard something about Justin Bieber and chickened out of actually watching the show.
So Melinda, Christina and Alexie were in the bottom three.
I guess that's not very surprising even though I liked Alexie a lot.
They of course cut Alexie because they already have too many Contemporary dancers (and who's fault is THAT?) and can afford to lose one or two in the first weeks.

After thinking about it for a while I get the judges point about Alexie dancing too 'young' as I still thought of her as this happy little 19 year old instead of a grown woman, it actually surprised me when they said her age and it's not like she has a super baby face so I'm guessing it's the dancing that made me believe that she was younger.
I was glad to see Melinda stay another week, Christina, not so much but I guess she's growing on me.

Here's a little not so fun 'fun' fact for y'all.
Since Tabitha and Napoleon started doing this show, the first two people to leave had danced one of their routines. Except for season 5 where only one of the two eliminated danced a routine by them.
This should tell us something, no?
So next season we'll know that if two couples dance a Tabitha and Napoleon routine that one of them will probably be out.
I'm calling it the Curse of the American Boy (stole that) because that song was the song of the first routine to be out (Rayven and Jamie S4).

No comments:

Post a Comment