Friday, June 18, 2010

SYTYCD Season 7, week 1

Well here we go, the first ‘real’ episode of sytycd.
Lets see how this goes.
What the heck is up with the crappy angles in the introductions? I could not see Adechike, or Ashley properly other with other crappy things. And what the heck is Christina wearing in her intro.
And what happened to the ‘here are your guys’ with the swagger!
I’m already disliking this.
Too add to everything Cat is all echo-ey and loud.

Billy and Lauren - Broadway

FOOTLOOSE?! WIN.
The dance was alright, wasn’t too impressed. I liked the song more than the dance, heehee.
But it was cute and they looked like they were having fun!

1-888-6-BEST?!!?!?!?!-#
WTF?

Christina and Mark- Jazz
Oh nice beginning there. Mark is the perfect partner for this dance.
I liked it, Sonya, I love you. Though I think Mark did outshine Christina a fair bit in my opinion.
She did very well though!

Jose and Comfort- hiphop
Napoleon got a bit puffy.
Dudes, Jose is nommy.
I liked it a fair bit. But I was concentrating more on the ‘omg yay Comforttttt!’ part of it all.
Which I think this entire show will be for me.

Adechike and Kathryn- Jazz

Well Kathryn has the personality of a dead grasshopper, especially when she’s dancing, so we shall see.
Lots of jumps and catches, the song is quite uneventful, the dance kind of is as well. Neither of them seems to any personality. So basically I was quite bored by this.
Damn that Shankers/Mia moment was creepy, Nigel was right to move far far away from that.

Melinda and PASHA!!11!!-Jive

Omg she was one of the creepy twins on atwt? Epic.
Yeah really, Melanie, it’s not difficult to fall in love with PASHA!!11!! at alllll!
Melinda knows a good looking man when she sees him.
A tiny near missed hand in the beginning.
Her flicks aren’t very convincing in the beginning and she doesn’t have that bounce you need for this dance.
She looks like she’s having fun though. And in her defense she got the Jive which is like, the 3rd hardest dance on this show according to me? I can't remember, haha!
<3 PASHA!!11!!’s epic eyebrow. :lol:

Alex and Alison- Contemporary
Ohh, they’re getting Sonya, this HAS to rock.
Omg brilliant. BRILLIANT.
Can’t Alex, Alison and Sonya stay together FOREVER.
Oh.My.God.
What I’m also impressed by is how much better the all-stars have gotten, I know that that is to be expected but compared to when Alison was on the show she has grown SO MUCH.

Alexie (who is now screwed btw.) and Twitch- hiphop
BAHAHA Adam Shankman in the 90s.
Oh this is very well done and cute! I liked it.
I’m still all GAH from Alex and Alisons show but this was great, too.
Nigel is right; Alexie is a cute little dancer.

Lauren and Ade- Pop-Jazz
Mandy Moore, I wonder what 80s song we will hear this time, ;)
NICE. This was awesome.
Oh dear, her conversation with Adam isn’t going too well, I get what he’s saying though.
She’s not liking this at all, though. She be flustered.

Kent and Anya(!)- Cha-cha-cha

I love how he got the country music, ha!
Oh no, poor Kent, Anya is going to slay him. :lol:
He’s got the ballroom faces down so it seems. :lol:
This was good. Though I was paying more attention to Anya (Anyer).
Kents faces were hilarious!
Little boy in the lion cage, bahahaha!

Ashley(who was this again..?) and Neil (blah)- Contemporary

Wow she’s lame.
It was pretty, but to me that’s all that it was.

Robert and Courtney- African Jazz
Again, who the heck is Robert. Unless he does great I’m guessing he’s show fodder.
Erm, Courtney doesn’t do African Jazz…
This was a good routine but I’m not sure it’s good enough for me to like Robert.
Err, Adam, I know for sure that we’ve had better male contemporary dancers on this show.
Like… every other guy in this show (excluding Jose and Alex, of course)

Ok so for unsafe I think Melinda, Robert and either Ashley or Adechike. I’m thinking if it’s those three that they might keep Melinda just for the sake of diversity on the show.
My personal winners this night are Christina and Mark, Alex and Alison (obviously) and I guess Alexie and Twitch because MAN that was cute. Lauren and Ade and Kent and Anya get a special mention.

No comments:

Post a Comment