Monday, July 19, 2010

Reading comments turns me into chickenshit

You know when you want to watch a scary movie online, then you find a link for it and they have a picture of the dvd cover or some promotional poster and that alone scares the shit out
of you? That's not a good sign.... Yet, I am watching. Sucker for punishment anyone? *holds up hand*


This is how last night started for me. I had decided to announce to the world that I was very very scared of the movie that I was about to watch. Maybe to make myself feel better, maybe to mock myself (which often results in making myself feel better anyway), either way, this is what I did.

The movie in question was called The Orphanage. Or really, El orfanato, since it is a Spanish movie with English subtitles (you know, for us stupid people that never learned Spanish ;) )
Let me start this out that I have no idea how I came to the idea to watch this movie. I think I must have gotten it from some forum where someone said that it was their favorite movie and I wanted to check it out. All I know for sure is that it’s been saved in my tabs for over a week now and last night I finally found the concentration to actually look it up and watch it.

So, as I wait for the video to load, I decide to ‘stupidly’ check a few of the comments.
There were only about five and all were raving and telling me that this movie was the ‘best horror movie they’ve ever seen’ and ‘it was so scary!!1’ and that ‘they don’t make movies that scary anymore!’
This does not make me happy, at all. I don’t mind scary movies (yes I do) nor do I get scared easily (yes I do). But just the fact that other people thought that it was scary, scared the ever-loving crap out of me.
Of course, the clincher comment was ‘omg I waz so scared when that creepy ghost showed up, so scary!’ (totally paraphrasing that one, I have no recollection if the person sucked ass at spelling).

So what added to the ‘Omg so scared’ feeling was this picture.

Creepy right?
It was only a tiny icon size and I couldn’t get it to be any bigger so my imagination went wild. This is obviously not a good thing as I nearly pissed my pants. Now that I found a bigger version I’m not less afraid by it, honestly.

Well anyway, then I tried to load the movie, the link didn’t work. I actually took this as a hint from God, telling me that I should not watch the movie.
I’m quite notorious for ignoring signs so I went on to find me another link.
For 105 minutes I was pissing my pants. I was waiting for this crazy scary creature to pop up and surprise me so much that I’d scream or something (not that I ever recall screaming over a movie unless squealing out of joy counts).
So while I was freaking out, the 105 minutes slowly crept up and I was still waiting for this super scary thing to pop up. It never happened. In fact, pretty much nothing happened. The scariest part was when they revealed the title.
Can you imagine my frustration?

Ps. If you have watched Paranormal Activity, The Ring or the Grudge and they scared you, ignore everything I just said and go find out for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment