Sunday, July 25, 2010

So ugly it's cute

'Funny... yeah, funny LOOKING!'

Some things are just so friggin ugly that they go full circle back to cute.
Ever had that happen? It's weird but some times it totally happens.
I listed a few up for ya, because I damn well felt like it (I feel feisty, can you tell?)
Mind you this'll be a short post because there just aren't many animals that are able to be both ugly and cute.

First of all, let me show you what is NOT in the category 'so ugly it's cute' and just firmly in the category fug.

If it looks like a penis, it can't be cute. I don't care what you say.

Lets go to the animal that triggered this all first.

A Bull Terrier. I must admit, I've always found them quite scary looking but when I passed one in the street the other day I thought it was quite adorable in a weird way.


Look it's giving you a doggy smile! Aww!

Next up a Pygmy Marmoset.

It kind of looks like some kind of Spider/Monkey/Lion/Bat hybrid... But it's kind of cute, right?

This one is one we all know and love

A Pug! Ok they've got smushed up little faces but when they do that head tilt, how do you not die!

Now this one is really special

An Axolotl! Or what I tend to call him a 'whatchamacallit!"
On the one hand, they're creepy as hell, on the other hand, they kind of look like a pokemon! And not the crappy Pokemon either, the really good one from MY childhood, yo, when there were only 150 of the bastards.

Come on, you know that Persians are not the most atttractive cats in the world

They're always used as the bad guys in animal stories and almost always have ridiculous degrading names like Snowball and Mrs. Whiskerson that stifle their evilness.
But then you see a face like this

And you're like 'AWWWWWW' because the cute is killing you.

And now, be prepared, for this is a cute little guy!

A Long eared Jerboa!
Ok fine at first sight, it kind of looks like some kind of mutant or something, but come on, what's not to love about an animal whose ears are bigger than the rest of its body!


Accept it!

And last but not least, a category that's probably the ugliest yet.
Baby birds!
Baby birds are ugly, unless they're in that fluffy stage, then they're cute. But when they're not and balding and all wet looking, you don't want to pick it up, put it in your pocket and name it George or whatever.

But how does that little thing not look like a cute little toy! I have no idea what's it supposed to be when it grows up but right now it's kind of cute.

3 comments:

  1. Well I think that the cat is cute...but again I don't feel that saying it looks like a penis is an insult.

    Also I'm guessing you mean an uncirc'd penis otherwise I would say it looks more like a shaved testicle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Saved testicle, maybe I should use that one instead! I think you're onto something Danielle!

    I still don't think they're cute though, I'm sticking with Joey on this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLG6SmyW7i8

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always liked sphynx cats in a weird way ,and whenever I showed my friends a picture of one they'll scream,"Ewww what is that thing!?!?Take it away from me! close the book!Ewwww!!!".Which means I can't argue with you and sure they aren't cute.

    ReplyDelete